July 7, 2021
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are maintaining visitation restrictions.
We are encouraging telephone and video conferences.
When in-person visitation is resumed, the following guidelines will be in place:
Please note that we have separate visiting hours for the hospital and the RTC (Residential Treatment Center).
- Hospital: 6:00PM - 7:30PM daily.
- RTC: 8:00PM - 9:30PM Tuesday; 2PM - 4:30PM Saturday; 1PM - 4:30PM Sunday.
Special arrangements can be made to accommodate families or other visitors who live a great distance or who cannot visit during regular visiting hours due to special circumstances.
It is our goal to provide the highest quality of healthcare to our patients. In order to do so, we have established some guidelines. Many of these guidelines are in response to state and federal laws and regulations, but all of our guidelines seek to protect the safety of our patients, staff, and visitors. Please review these guidelines before you visit.
- To protect the privacy of our patients and maintain confidentiality, we provide each patient with an ID code to give to family, friends, or other individuals who want to call or visit.
- Visitor Identification Bracelets – Please check in with the receptionist in the lobby when you arrive to visit someone in the hospital or the RTC. The receptionist will provide you with a visitor ID bracelet when you sign in and we require that you keep this bracelet on during your visit.
- Purses, Backpacks, Bags, Cell Phones, Food & Drink Items, etc. - These items are not permitted on patient units. We suggest that you leave these items locked in the trunk of your vehicle. (Don’t forget your keys!)
- Flowers & Balloons - We strongly discourage visitors from bringing these items to the hospital. If flowers or balloons are brought in, they usually must be kept at the nurses’ station.
- Patient Belongings & Valuables - If you are bringing items to leave with a patient (e.g., clothing or toiletries), please give all these items to the staff to check when you enter the unit.
The following items are considered “contraband” and not allowed in the hospital. If you bring one of these items to the hospital, we will ask you to take it home or we will need to store it until the patient is discharged:
- Alcohol or any drug-related paraphernalia
- Sharp objects such as razors, scissors, glass bottles, mirrors, needles, pins, aluminum cans, spiral notebooks, keys, makeup pencil sharpeners, paper clips, hair clips, underwire bras, or any item with sharp edges or which could be broken to create sharp edges
- Shoelaces, belts, pantyhose, rope, headbands, ace bandages, clothing with drawstrings or long ties, any item with an electric cord
- Matches and lighters, aerosol cans or fireworks of any kind
- TVs, stereos, video games, CD players/recorders, computers, pagers, cell phones
- Magazines, books, pictures or clothing items depicting drug or alcohol use, violence, racism, gangs, sexual situations or activities, or otherwise potentially offensive material
- Cameras, camcorders or any other type of audio or visual recording device
- Weapons of any kind, candles or incense, plastic bags
- Other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by our clinical staff
We hope that you enjoy your visit to Aurora Charter Oak. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please ask a member of our staff.