Intensive Outpatient Program Available at Aurora Charter Oak and via Telehealth (Zoom)
Aurora Charter Oak’s Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is offered on campus, as well as via telehealth using Zoom. The program is designed to provide an intermediate level of care for individuals dealing with mental health and/or substance use issues. IOP is often considered following a period of inpatient hospitalization. Our goal is to empower each individual to set and reach their own personal goals in order to find success and happiness. Therapy groups and educational sessions are geared toward treating the underlying causes of the emotional and behavioral challenges individuals are facing and help to facilitate the recovery process. IOP usually includes three to four therapy groups a day, three days a week. Group assignment is based on the individual’s treatment needs. Mental health and chemical dependency groups are offered. Most private insurance companies cover this service, as does Medicare. For our on-campus program, we offer complimentary local transportation as well as breakfast and lunch.
Mental Health Program content includes:
- Coping with Feelings and Emotions
- Medications and Physical Wellness
- Relationships and Support
- Healthy Communication and Boundaries
- Self-Awareness and Self-Esteem
- Spirituality, Relaxation and Mindfulness
- Grief, Loss and Trauma Resolution
- Relapse Prevention
- Maintaining Recovery and Wellness
Chemical Dependency Program content includes:
- Physical aspects of addiction – disease concept
- Psychological aspects of addiction – thoughts, beliefs, perceptions
- Social aspects of addiction – shame cycle of addiction
- Identifying and expressing feelings
- Stress management/reduction
- Relapse Prevention and maintaining recovery
- Anger management skill-building
- Family roles and dynamics
- Effects of alcoholism/addiction on the family
To learn more about CARES, please contact Shawna Lane, Patient Liaison at 626-859-5269 or Genie Miranda, Program Director at 626-859-5226.
Or call our Assessment Center at 877-674-7781, open 24 hours a day.
Please note that Medi-Cal does not cover outpatient treatment at Charter Oak. However, Aurora Charter Oak is contracted with Medicare and most private insurance plans for our outpatient program.