Commitment to our organizational vision and mission
Accountability to each other, our customers and to our hospital
Respect for one another and for the patients and families we care for
Excellence in our individual and organizational roles
Service to our organization, our community and external agencies
December 30, 2020
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital continues to monitor the daily events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and comply with guidance from the CDC, California State and the LA County Department of Public Health. While we maintain our commitment to high quality and compassionate care, we are keenly aware that we must protect and maintain a safe treatment environment for our patients, family members, and staff. We are here to support and protect each other. As such, we have implemented the following procedures/restrictions:
1. Prior to entering the hospital, all persons will be asked specific questions about their current healthcare status, including COVID-19 signs and symptoms. This screening will also include a temperature scan. Face masks are required.
2. Outpatient services will continue to be provided, but patients will be queried about symptoms and will be scanned for temperature.
3. We have unfortunately canceled visitation to our hospital and will set up telephone visits to keep you and your loved ones engaged.
4. All family therapy sessions will be held via telephone. Our therapists will coordinate these appointments with family members.
5. All vendors will be asked to enter through the employee entrance and screened for temperature. Vendor access will be limited and at the discretion of hospital management.
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital strives to keep everyone who has entrusted their care to us in the safest environment possible. As information changes, we will update these procedures. We appreciate your understanding as we respond to these challenges and take the utmost care for all of our patients.
For additional information and updates on COVID-19, you may visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website and the LA County Department of Public Health website.
CEO, Aurora Charter Oak Hospital
Welcome to Aurora Charter Oak Hospital and the Charter Oak Recovery Center, located in the Southern California community of Covina. We are proud to have celebrated our 75th anniversary in 2016. "Charter Oak Lodge" opened its doors in 1941 and we have been providing behavioral health treatment services at this same location ever since. As the CEO, I am dedicated to ensuring that our entire organization upholds our Mission of providing high quality and affordable behavioral and addiction treatment to those in need.
I hope that while visiting our website you will learn more about our services and recognize our core CARES values: Commitment, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, and Service. These represent the Charter Oak difference and provide the foundation to helping us meet our Vision: to deliver the best clinical care, one individual at a time.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about the treatment options we offer for mental health, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Chief Executive Officer
Aurora Charter Oak Behavioral Health Care
If you have a patient safety event or concern about a health care organization, you may contact:
The Joint Commission: (800) 994-6610 or email@example.com
Department of Developmental Services website: www.dds.ca.gov/complaints or (916) 654-1690