Charter Oak Remains Open to Support Our Community During the COVID-19 Pandemic
For updates on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website and the LA County Department of Public Health website.
Attention: Family Members, Friends, and Other Visitors
November 1, 2020
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital continues to monitor the daily events surrounding the COVID-19 virus and comply with guidance from the CDC, California State and the LA County Department of Public Health. While we maintain our commitment to high quality and compassionate care, we are keenly aware that we must protect and maintain a safe treatment environment for our patients, family members, and staff. We are here to support and protect each other. As such, the following procedures/restrictions remain in place:
1. Prior to entering the hospital, all persons will be asked specific questions about their current healthcare status, including COVID-19 signs and symptoms. This screening will also include a temperature scan. Face masks are required for all visitors and staff members.
2. Outpatient services will continue, but patients will be queried about symptoms and scanned for temperature.
3. Family visits to our hospital remain canceled, but we will set up telephone visits to keep you and your loved ones engaged.
4. All family therapy sessions will be held via telephone. Our therapists will coordinate these appointments with family members.
5. All vendors must enter through the employee entrance and be screened for temperature. Vendor access will be limited and at the discretion of hospital management. Face masks are required.
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital strives to keep everyone who has entrusted their care to us in the safest environment possible. As information changes, we will update these procedures. We appreciate your understanding as we respond to these challenges and take the utmost care for all of our patients.
CEO, Aurora Charter Oak Hospital
Where to Get Corona Virus Updates
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH, County) http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH, State) https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, National) http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/novel-coronavirus-2019.html
- World Health Organization (WHO, International) https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
LA County residents can also call 2-1-1
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital Launches Telehealth Intensive Outpatient Program
October 26, 2020
In addition to the CARES Outpatient Program offered during the week on campus at Aurora Charter Oak, an evening outpatient program is now available via telehealth. This program is designed for adults coping with a mental health issue who would benefit from group therapy and education three evenings a week, in addition to monthly consultation with a psychiatrist and access to nursing and case management support. Check out the interview with Desiree Rodriguez, LMFT who is the telehealth therapist. If you would like more information about the program, please contact Shawna Lane, Patient Liaison at 626-222-9593 or Genie Miranda, Outpatient Program Director at 626-859-5226.