Attention: Family Members, Friends, and Other Visitors
July 26, 2021
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital continues to monitor the daily events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and comply with guidance from the CDC, California State, and the LA County Department of Public Health. According to the CDC, three places that fully vaccinated individuals should still wear a mask are:
1. K-12 schools
2. Hospitals and medical offices
3. Airports and train stations
While we maintain our commitment to high-quality and compassionate care, we are keenly aware that we must protect and maintain a safe treatment environment for our patients, family members, and staff. We are here to support and protect each other. As such, the following procedures/restrictions remain in place:
1. Prior to entering the hospital, all persons will be asked specific questions about their current healthcare status, including COVID-19 signs and symptoms. This screening will also include a temperature scan. Face masks are still required for all visitors and staff members.
2. Outpatient services will continue as before, but patients will continue to be queried about symptoms, scanned for temperature, and required to wear a face mask while on hospital grounds.
3. Family visits to our hospital remain restricted. We will continue arranging telephone and video visits to keep you and your loved ones engaged.
4. All family therapy sessions will continue to be held via telephone. Our therapists will continue to coordinate these appointments with family members.
5. All vendors are still required to enter through the employee entrance and be screened for temperature. Vendor access remains limited and at the discretion of hospital management. Face masks are required.
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital strives to keep everyone who has entrusted their care to us in the safest environment possible. As information changes, we will update these procedures. We appreciate your understanding as we respond to these challenges and take the utmost care for all of our patients.
Jason Foundation Update - May, 2021
Carol Ivy, Community Liaison with Aurora Charter Oak Hospital, presented information about the Jason Foundation at the May meeting of the Mental Health & Addiction Network (MHAN), which has members from Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, and Orange Counties in Southern California. Over 23 mental health and substance abuse programs, organizations and facilities were represented at the May meeting. The majority of the participants serve both adolescent and adult clients. Carol shared the JFI goal of providing awareness about youth suicide and educational resources to the community and provided examples of some of the programs and services offered to the participants. Some of the attendees provided positive feedback (“We LOVE The Jason Foundation!”), and Carol will continue to follow up with those participants who are new to JFI as well.
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital is pleased to announce that Carol Ivy is the new official Jason Foundation Representative for Aurora Charter Oak Hospital, taking over the reins from Steve Jennings, Director of Business Development/COO. Congratulations Carol!
Evening Treatment Program Available for Adults Struggling with Alcohol or Other Substance Use
April 9, 2021
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital now offers an evening Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for adults coping with an alcohol or substance use problem. Individuals can attend in person or via Zoom. The treatment program is from 6-9 pm, three evenings a week, and is covered by most insurance plans including Medicare. The hospital also offers outpatient programs during the day. For more information, please call Robin McGeough at 626-214-2015 or Shawna at 626-859-5269. Our Assessment Center is open 24/7 at 800-654-2673.
Charter Oak Hospital Offers Moderna Vaccine to All Employees
June 15, 2021
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital has provided over 1100 Moderna COVID-19 vaccinations to its employees and other eligible members of the community over the past few months, thanks to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health which supplied the vaccines. Special storage and administration procedures have been followed, in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulations. Special thanks to our Nursing Staff, HR Department, Plant Operations, Dietary Services, Environmental Services, Pharmacy, and everyone else who have helped to set up and run our vaccination clinics!
Charter Oak Remains Open During the COVID-19 Pandemic
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, it's especially important to be on the lookout for signs of depression with young folks...Posted by Aurora Charter Oak Hospital & Recovery Center on Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Where to Get Corona Virus Updates
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH, County) http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH, State) https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, National) http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/novel-coronavirus-2019.html
- World Health Organization (WHO, International) https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
LA County residents can also call 2-1-1
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital Launches Telehealth Intensive Outpatient Program
October 26, 2020
In addition to the CARES Outpatient Program offered during the week on campus at Aurora Charter Oak, telehealth outpatient programs are now available via Zoom. These programs are designed for adults coping with a mental health and/or substance use problem who would benefit from group therapy and education, in addition to regular consultation with a psychiatrist and access to nursing and case management support. Check out the interview with Desiree Rodriguez, LMFT one of our telehealth therapists. If you would like more information about any of our outpatient programs, please contact Shawna Lane, Patient Liaison at 626-222-9593 or Genie Miranda, Outpatient Program Director at 626-859-5226. Please note that program times are subject to change. Medicare and most private insurance plans cover telehealth services.