Aurora Charter Oak’s IOP is designed to provide a comprehensive therapeutic environment for the treatment of mental health and/or substance use issues. Our goal is to empower each individual to set and reach their own personal goals in order to find success and happiness. Therapy groups and educational sessions are geared toward treating the underlying causes of the emotional and behavioral challenges individuals are facing and help to facilitate the recovery process.
One of the benefits of attending an IOP program is that individuals can receive intensive therapy, yet still be able to maintain their daily schedule. IOP includes three therapy groups a day, up to five days a week. Group assignment is based on the individual’s treatment needs. Mental health and chemical dependency groups are offered. Most private insurance companies cover this service, as does Medicare. We offer complimentary local transportation and meals.
Mental Health Program content includes:
- Mental Health Conditions
- Coping with Feelings and Emotions
- Medications and Physical Wellness
- Relationships and Support
- Healthy Communication and Boundaries
- Self-Awareness and Self-Esteem
- Spirituality, Relaxation and Mindfulness
- Grief, Loss and Trauma Resolution
- Relapse Prevention
- Maintaining Recovery and Wellness
Chemical Dependency Program content includes:
- Physical aspects of addiction – disease concept
- Psychological aspects of addiction – thoughts, beliefs, perceptions
- Social aspects of addiction – shame cycle of addiction
- Identifying and expressing feelings
- Stress management/reduction
- Relapse Prevention and maintaining recovery
- Anger management skill building
- Family roles and dynamics
- Effects of alcoholism/addiction on the family
To learn more about our adult Outpatient Services, please call 877-674-7781. Our Assessment Center can also answer questions regarding insurance coverage. Please note that Medi-Cal does not cover outpatient treatment programs at Charter Oak.